TOP 10 Housekeeping interview Mistakes
Performing well in a job interview is the first step on the path to success. For any job interview, there are basics "do's and don'ts" that can either help you land the position or hurt your chances for consideration. You only have once chance to make a first impression and first impressions, are very important in a job search. The individual that interviews you should be left with a great impression of your skills, your personality and your trustworthiness. In this article, we will discuss interviewing for a housekeeping position. Specifically, we will map out the top 10 mistakes that you cannot make during your housekeeping job interview.
These mistakes are as follows:
1) Don't be late - This may seem like common knowledge, but we can't stress enough how important it is to be on time for your interview. Being as little as five minutes late can be the difference between you getting or losing the job. A good rule of thumb is: Five minutes early is on time; on time is late; and late is unacceptable. As we said before, first impressions are everything.
2) Don't dress inappropriately - This is another common knowledge statement, but it is also very important. If you are interviewing for a housekeeping position, you should dress appropriately. Wearing inappropriate shoes, too much jewelry or too revealing an outfit can totally ruin your first impression.
3) Avoid bringing negative energy - Another key to any job interview, especially housekeeping, is to remain positive. The employer is considering you to work inside their home, with their family and prized possessions. You want to show your best self and promote positive energy.
4) Don't forget a resume - Even if you've never needed or used a resume, create a basic one for your job interview. It shows that you are organized, professional and is a great way to show your experience as well as your skills. Something as small as bringing a resume can quickly put you ahead of other applicants who did not.
5) Don't be the first person to bring up money - Obviously money is an important issue with any job interview, but bringing up your potential salary before the employer can make you seem unprofessional. It's perfectly fine to discuss salary requirements if the employer asks you, but don't be the first person to bring it up.
6) Do not speak poorly of previous employers - Even if your last job or jobs were very difficult or your employers were genuinely mean spirited people, don't express those things in your job interview. Be as polite and nice as possible and the person interviewing you may wonder what you would say about them to others.
7) Don't appear uninterested during the interview - You may not be interested or overly impressed with every job interview, but you don't want the employer to know that. Even if the job doesn't seem like something you want, try your best and perform your best during the interview, because you never know what will happen.
8) Don't lose focus - As we all know, some job interviews can become boring and redundant. It is very important to stay focused throughout the entire job interview and to keep listen very carefully, as well as keep good communication going the entire time.
9) Don't appear to be nervous - It is perfectly acceptable to be a little nervous before any job interview, but try your best not to show it. If you appear confident and skilled, you can put forth a great first impression during your interview. Just relax, be yourself, and do your best!
10) DON'T LIE! - Lying is the absolute worst thing to do during your interview. If the employer asks about something that you've never done before or you know that you cannot do, it is best to tell the truth. You'd rather prove that you are honest and trustworthy during the interview, than promise something you can't deliver.
Avoiding these 10 mistakes can help you land the housekeeping job of your dreams. If you make a great first impression, if you present yourself as honest, trustworthy, qualified and if you show the same respect that you would want someone to show yourself, you can leave the interview knowing that you truly did your best.
Are you currently looking for a great housekeeping job? If so, please contact us.